BRINNER, the Meal of Champions!

It's 6:15 p.m. and I've just walked in from a long day at work that was briefly interrupted for a physical therapy appointment to put my jaw back where it should be [read: TMJ EDS style is a hoot!]. 

The kids are running all over the place crazy - I think the sitter gave them speed, OK not really but they are over the top today. I contemplate the pork chops I pulled out and calculate by the time I cook them and wait for my oven to warm up the kids and I should roughly be eating by their graduation from college (They are 6 and 4 years old). I opted for a good ole favorite in my house...Brinner! French toast here we come.

So why is this worthy of noting? Well maybe because what started as a treat has quickly become my go to when I'm broken, tired, run down, had a long day...so what all that means is that brinner happens all too often in this EDS house. So I'm redefining life. Breakfast now happens at 6:00 p.m. And we shall have pork chops at 6:00 a.m. Except that with the chronic fatigue getting up in the morning is more challenging than being a Yankee fan living in New England while the Red Sox are in the World Series.

So lets be honest, the pork chops will go bad in the fridge waiting for me to cook them because tomorrow the sitter will feed them something quick because I'm working late and Friday we will do take out because its pizza family movie night. And I can tell myself this week they'll get a proper meal but some weeks it's really all I can do to get up, put a smile on my face, and make sure my kids know that they are the most important people in the whole world to me. So I guess how I'm going to conquer life today will be to let go of the guilt, embrace the French toast, and try to go to bed early even though I can feel the insomnia kicking in!


Long live Brinner!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Secret Decoder Ring for Loving Chronic Pain Sufferers

Why I Won't Let My Heritable Disorder Define Me or My Kids (as posted on The Mighty)